||At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Faithlegg House was owned by Nicholas O'Neill Power and valued at £100. The lands in this area were originally held by the Aylward family after the Norman Conquest but they were dispossessed by Cromwellian forces in the 1650s. Faithlegg was then acquired by the Bolton family who eventually built the house in the eighteenth century. It was sold by them to the Power family in 1819. It was enlarged and extended under Power ownership and in 1906 was valued at £110. Faithlegg remained in the Power family until 1935 when it was sold to the De La Salle order who used it as a novitiate until the 1980s. It is now Faithlegg House Hotel. See www.faithlegg.com.