||In 1848, John Dobbyn was leasing the site known as Geneva Barracks from Lord Waterford's estate. The barracks is described as "in ruins" on the First edition six-inch Ordnance Survey Map of the 1840s. It had been constructed at a site originally intended for a colony of disaffected artisans from Geneva in Switzerland. When this plan was abandoned it was commissioned as a military barracks and used as a prison during the 1798 rebellion. The building was purchased by Lord Waterford in the 1820s. The ruins of a farmhouse as well as extensive perimeter walls remain at the site.