||In 1786 Wilson refers to "Moderenny" as the seat of Sir Amyrald Dancer. The Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to the house as Eminisky House in 1841 but it is marked on the first edition map as Modreeny House and was the home of the Dancer family. It was replaced by a new house circa 1920s. The outbuildings, gates and gatelodge of the original house still remain. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Sir Thomas B. Dancer held this property in fee. The buildings were valued at £21. Hussey gives Modreeny House as the address of Sir Thomas Dancer in 1878.