Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Blackfort

Estate(s)
Townland Blackfort
Civil Parish Killodiernan
PLU Nenagh
DED Knigh 86
County Tipperary
Barony Lower Ormond
Description William Molloy was resident in 1814 and W. Minnett in 1837. Blackfort was advertised for sale in May 1851 by the Reverend David Fitzgerald, Edward Galwey was the petitioner. By the time of Griffith's Valuation Edward Galwey held Blackfort, or Lisduff as it became known, in fee. The buildings were valued at £15.10 shillings. Edward Galwey of Lisduff, Nenagh, owned 245 acres in county Tipperary in the 1870s. Richard Galway occupied Blackfort in 1906 when the house was valued at £22+.
Blackfort/Lisduff (www.buildingsofireland.ie)

Property Location