Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Clifton

Estate(s)
Townland Kilcunnahin Beg
Civil Parish Ballingarry
PLU Borrisokane
DED Ballingarry 12
County Tipperary
Barony Lower Ormond
Description Lewis records Clifton as the seat of Captain Sheppard. The Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to it as "a modern building, the residence of Capt. Sheppard" in 1841. Arthur Sheppard [?] was the occupier at the time of Griffith's Valuation. He held the property from Thomas Pyke and the buildings were valued at £14.10 shillings. The National Inventory of Architectural Heritage records the present house as dating from 1868.
Clifton (www.buildingsofireland.ie)

Property Location