||Blake Esq was resident at Racool in the 1770s. In 1840 the Ordnance Survey Name Books describe Rathcool as "a castle apparently inhabited. There is another dwelling house attached with a garden". In the mid 19th century Rathcool Castle was occupied by Charles Blackmore and held from the representatives of L. Clutterbuck. The buildings were valued at £16.13 shillings. Charles Blackmore was still residing at Rathcool in the 1870s when he is recorded as the owner of one acre in county Tipperary. Rathcool is still in use as a house.