||A Clutterbuck home from at least the 1770s, Richard Clutterbuck was resident at Bannixtown in 1814. On the first Ordnance Survey map circa 1838 Bannixtown house is recorded as "in ruins". In 1840, though, the Ordnance Survey Name Books mention Bannixtown as a large farmhouse. The 25-inch map shows a building labelled "Bannixtown House" at the same site. A house valued at £19 was occupied by John Shea at Bannixtown in the early 1850s and held from the representatives of Thomas Clutterbuck. John Shea of Bannixtown owned 254 acres in the 1870s.