The property in the townland of Mayfield or Rocketscastle was held in fee by Rev. John T. Medlicott at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £36. In 1906 he was still the owner of the property then valued at £30 10s. Morris states that this property was originally part of the May estate and known as Mayfield. Smith, writing in 1774, refers to Mayfield as "the pleasant seat of Sir James May, formerly called Rockett's Castle" and Wilson also mentions it as his residence in 1786. The original Rocket's Castle was in ruins by the time of the 1st Ordnance Survey and this house was built after that on an adjacent site. The 1943 ITA survey, indicates that the Medlicotts had adapted the old castle building as an engine house at that time. A house is still extant at the site and in 2017, was offered for sale. It has again become known as Rocketts Castle.