||in 1851 Cappoquin House was held in fee by Sir Richard Keane and valued at £56 15s.IN 1786, Wilson refers to the house at Cappoquin as Bellmont, the seat of John Kane. The 1855 sale notice describes it as a "handsome, modern and extensive building". In 1906 it was the residence of Lady Adelaide Keane and valued at over £57. Bence-Jones notes that it was burnt in 1923 but later rebuilt in the same style. The ITA survey in the early 1940s noted that the library and art collection were destroyed in the 1923 fire. It is still extant and occupied by the Keane family. The house and gardens are open to the public at certain times.