Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Ballymore House

Estate(s)
Townland Ballymore
Civil Parish Templerobin
PLU Cork
DED Queenstown Rural 103
County Cork
Barony Barrymore
Description The Hare family, Earls of Listowel, also held land in the townland of Ballymore in the 19th century. In 1814 the proprietor of Ballymore was the Honourable Mr Hare. In 1837 J.H. Bennett was resident at Ballymore House. This house appears to have been in the possession of the Honourable Robert Hare at the time of Griffith's Valuation when it was held from Joseph H. Bennett and valued at £15+. Robert Hare was a younger brother of the 2nd Earl of Listowel and married in 1840 Louisa French of Marino. Their son Robert Dillon lived at Ballymore. In 1906 John C. Bennett is given as the occupier and the mansion house was valued at £65. Bence Jones writes that post 1950 owners include the O'Donovans and Hecketts.
Ballymore House (www.buildingsofireland.ie)

Property Location