Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Rathellen

Estate(s)
Townland Finisklin
Civil Parish St. John
PLU Sligo
DED Knockaree
County Sligo
Barony Carbury
Description McTernan writes that Rathellen was built at the beginning of the nineteenth century as a dower house for the Wood of Woodville estate.. It was purchased by Henry Lyons in 1860 and remained in the Lyons family until the 1940s. It is still extant but unoccupied.

Property Location