Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Leamlara

Estate(s)
Townland Leamlara
Civil Parish Ballycurrany
PLU Middleton
DED Lisgoold 271
County Cork
Barony Barrymore
Description The seat of a branch of the Barry family for over two centuries, the house was demolished in 1966. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was valued at £36 and held by Penelope Barry in fee. In the sale rental of 1851 the house is described as "built on a porous rock, which keeps the ground floor always dry". In 1906 the house was occupied by Henry S. Barry. Local sources indicate only some wall footing remain in woodland now.
Leamlara (Courtesy of Cork County Library)

Property Location