||Brabazon Esq was resident in the 1770s and 1780s. The home of Spotswood Bowles in the first half of the 19th century. The buildings were valued at £47+ in the early 1850s and held from the representatives of William Beamish. Spotswood died in 1864 and was succeeded by his son George who was in turn succeeded by his nephew Spotswood in 1886. Relatives of the Bowles owned this property until the 1970s. In 1942 the Irish Tourist Association Survey mentions the ruins of Aghern Castle in the grounds of Mrs. Spotswood Bowles property. Aghern was uninhabited for a time but has recently been restored.