Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Ballyellis

Estate(s)
Townland Ballyellis
Civil Parish Mallow
PLU Mallow
DED Mallow Rural 250
County Cork
Barony Fermoy
Description A home of a branch of the Norcott family in the 18th century. William Wrixon is given as the proprietor of Ballyellis, Mallow, in 1814. In 1837 Lewis refers to Bally Ellis as "formerly the residence of Lord Ennismore and now of A. G. Creagh". By the time of Griffith's Valuation Kilner Brazier held the property in fee. The buildings were valued at £60. Sold to Mr McCormick circa late 1870s and then to Nigel Baring of Baring's Bank in the 1890s. Baring was Master of the Duhallow Foxhounds for a time and changed the name of the house to Avondhu. Later bought by the De La Salle Order of Brothers. Sold by them in 1974 and demolished.

Property Location