Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Springfort Hall

Estate(s)
Townland Baltydaniel East
Civil Parish Caherduggan
PLU Mallow
DED Kilcummer 131
County Cork
Barony Fermoy
Description A branch of the Foott family were resident at Springfort from the early 18th century. The house was occupied by James Foot in 1814 and by [his grandson] another James Foote in the early 1850s, who held the property from the Earl of Limerick. Hajba writes that Springfort Hall was bought by Charles W. Wyatt in 1854 and sold again four years later to Captain Spencer Stewart, a grandson of the 7th Earl of Galloway. Springfort remained in the possession of the Stewart family until the beginning of the 20th century. It was leased to Commander Hans Thomas Fell White in 1895. It now functions as a country house hotel.
Springfort Hall (www.buildingsofireland.ie)

Property Location