||This house was the home of the Crooke family for much of the 19th century, occupied in 1837 by Captain T. E. Crooke and at the time of Griffith's Valuation by William Crooke. The house was valued at £26 and held from John B. Gumbleton. The Irish Tourist Association Survey of the 1940s refers to it as the residence of Mrs. Scott, nee Crooke, by whose family the house was built. It also rather quaintly notes that “During the troubles of 1919-1921, the IRA often billeted themselves on the premises without any special invitation from the owner”. Aghavrin is still extant and occupied.