||The original building was a two storey house of pink brick built in the 1670s by George Mathew with early 18th additions. Wilson decribed it in 1786 as "an ancient but handsome edifice". In the second decade of the 19th century it was enlarged and transformed into a Gothic castle, designed by Richard Morrison for the 2nd Earl of Llandaff. Viscount Chabot is recorded as the occupier in the mid 19th century. He held the property in fee and the buildings were valued at £100. Bence Jones writes that it later was in the possession of the Daly family but from the mid 1870s it began to decay. William Daly was the occupier in 1906 when the buildings were valued at £61.