||A Wrixon property in the 18th century, occupied by John Wrixon in 1814 and Hajba writes that it was sold by the Wrixons to the Crofts in the mid 19th century. At the time of Griffith's Valuation it was occupied by John Connor who held it from Wills G. Crofts. The buildings were valued at £11. Christopher Crofts of Velvetstown House (died 1913) lived at Castle Wrixon for a time. He inherited Velvetstown from his uncle, Reverend Henry, in 1869. In the 1940s the Irish Tourist Association Survey outlined subsequent owners and noted that it was, by then, the residence of the McDermott family. It is still extant.