Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Mulkear

Estate(s)
Townland Garraunykee
Civil Parish Killeenagarriff
PLU Limerick
DED Ballyvarra 46
County Limerick
Barony Clanwilliam
Description Built by the Reverend J. Crampton in 1812 at a cost of £3,000. He was still resident in 1837. Occupied by George Gough in the early 1850s, held by him from John Tuthill and valued at £35. Later the home of Samuel Frederick Dickson. Home of Martin Edward Patrick White circa 1900. On the 25-inch edition Ordnance Survey map the house at this site is labelled Woodstown House. An earlier Woodstown House is described as "in ruins" in the adjoining townland of Woodstown on the 1st edition Ordnance Survey Map. In 1786 Wilson refers to a house at "Gran" as the seat of Mr.Gough, which may refer to an earlier house in this area. This property is now part of a health services facility.

Property Location