||Lewis records B. Friend residing at Baskill in 1837. The Ordnance Survey Field Name Book records two houses. Boskill House the original residence of the Frends dating back to the 17th century and located at the northern point of the townland. It was at the end of the 1830s a thatched house which had been converted into a stable. Boskill Lodge (marked on the first Ordnance Survey map as Boskill House) was built in 1800 by Captain Benjamin Frend, at a cost of about £600. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Benjamin Friend junior occupied this house which was valued at £18. In 1906 a mansion house in the townland of Templemichael valued at £30.15 shillings was the residence of Edith M. Minchin and Agnes E. Rose. The Frends and the Roses of Ardhu House were related. The Irish Tourist Association surveyor in 1942 records the burning of this house in the Civil War and that there was "no trace of the house now".