Landed Estates
NUI Galway

The Grange

Estate(s)
Townland Skool
Civil Parish Fedamore
PLU Limerick
DED Ballybricken 48
County Limerick
Barony Smallcounty
Description The home of the Grady/O'Grady family in the 18th and 19th century. In 1786 Wilson describes it as "the beautiful and well-improved seat of Standish O'Grady". It was inherited by the Crokers in 1861. Occupied by Standish [O'] Grady in 1814 and Henry O'Grady in 1837 and at the time of Griffith's Valuation. The buildings were valued at £77 and the property was held in fee. In 1894 it was noted by Slater as the seat of Captain Edward Croker. This house was described as in very good repair even though it had not been occupied for a number of years preceding the Irish Tourist Association survey of 1942. The house is now a ruin.
The Grange (Fedamore Community website - http://www.muintir.ie/default.asp?com=muintircc&org=fedamore&id=11&mnu=11)
The Grange, rear elevation LM0000.5282 (Courtesy of Limerick Museum)

Property Location