Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Cooper Hill

Estate(s)
Townland Cooperhill
Civil Parish Kilkeedy
PLU Limerick
DED Carrig 54
County Limerick
Barony Pubblebrien
Description The residence of James Cooper in 1814 and occupied by Mrs [Honora] Cooper in 1837. Inherited by James Cooper Tuthill circa 1844 who then assumed the surname Cooper. The house was valued at £45 at the time of Griffith's Valuation and in 1906 when it was occupied by James Cooper. It was advertised for sale in ''Country Life'' (28 April 1955), bought by Cement Ltd who ran a model dairy farm on the property for some years. A large dairy enterprise still operates on the property. The house is a ruin.
Cooperhill sign
Cooper family graves, Kilkeedy cemetery
Cooperhill (www.buildingsofireland.ie/)

Property Location