Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Cartown

Estate(s)
Townland Cartown
Civil Parish Ardcanny
PLU Rathkeale
DED Pallaskenry 128
County Limerick
Barony Kenry
Description Built in 1763 Cartown was the residence of Mr Baldwin in 1826 and of John Edward Langford in 1837. In the early 1850s Griffith's Valuation records the vacant house as valued at £24, William Sheedy holding the whole townland from General James Caulfeild. By the late 19th century the house was in the possession of the Westropp family. This house is still extant and occupied.
Cartown gatelodge
Cartown (www.buildingsofireland.ie/)

Property Location