||In 1906 L.T, Crosbie owned a property at Skrillagh, valued at £17. This townland also belonged to the Crosbie estate at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was let to the McElligott family. Bary states that the house, Abbeylands, was built in the 1870s as a residence for George Trench, agent to the Crosbie estate. In 1901 it was occupied by Ross Palmer and his family, JP for county Kerry and creamery owner. It was burnt in 1921 but restored later in the twentieth century and is now an ecumenical retreat centre.