Landed Estates
NUI Galway


Townland Carrowmore
Civil Parish Moynoe
PLU Scarriff
DED Scarriff 136
County Clare
Barony Tulla Upper
Description In the early 18th century the Ringrose family lived at Moynoe. It is probable that Sir John Reade built the late 18th century house. He was the occupier in 1814 and Fitzgibbon Hinchy was living in the house in 1837. The house was unoccupied at the time of Griffith's Valuation, Thomas Wadson was the immediate lessor. The Sampson family lived in it for the remainder of the 19th century and well into the 20th century. Edward MacLysaght surveyed the papers of Miss Mary Sampson of Moynoe circa 1944. Bought by the present owners in the mid 20th century, the house was demolished in 1998. see
Moynoe (photo courtesy of present owners)

Property Location