||William T. Crosbie was in possession of Ardfert Abbey at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £62. Lewis, writing in 1837 and Leet, in 1814, note the house as the residence of the Earl of Glandore.It was the home of Lt-Col. John Darnley Talbot Crosbie in 1894. In 1906 it was the property of L.T Crosbie and valued at £66. Bary writes that the original house built here by the Crosbies was destroyed in the 1641 rebellion and another erected in the early 18th century. The Ordnance Survey Name Books quote the inscription relating to the original house from 1635. It remained the residence of the family until the late nineteenth century when it passed to John Talbot, whose son, William Talbot-Crosbie, then inherited. The house was burnt during the Civil War in 1922 and only the elaborate entrance gate remains..