||Richard Chute was occupying Chute Hall at the time of Griffith's Valuation, when it was valued at £37 10s. Lewis also records it as his residence in 1837. The house is named "Tullygarran House" on the 1st edition of the Ordnance Survey map and is so described in the Ordnance Survey Name Books where it is noted it was "three stories high and about a century old". The house later became known as Chute Hall.
Bary notes that the Chutes had been resident in this area since the seventeenth century on what had been McElligott land. In 1894 it was the residence of Mrs. Chute. Richard, the last of the Chutes to live here, died in 1936. In 1943 the Irish Tourist Association Survey noted Chute Hall "now almost a wreck but once a fine imposing structure." The house has been demolished but the substantial gateway remains inside which are some fine ogham stones.