Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Kineigh

Estate(s)
Townland Kineigh
Civil Parish Dromod
PLU Cahersiveen
DED Enlagh
County Kerry
Barony Iveragh
Description Thomas Stoughton was leasing this property, valued at £10 15s, to John Fitzgerald at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In 1840, the Ordnance Survey Field Name Books indicated that it was the residence of Rev. George Hickson but had been built by John Hayes at the end of the eighteenth century. It seems to have become a Fitzgerald property later on. In 1894 Slater referred to it as the seat of John Francis Fitzgerald. The Fitzgerald family continued to reside there until the 1930s. The house is still extant. Adjacent to Kineigh House a site labelled "Donnall O'Sulivan's House (site of)" appears on both the 1st and 25-inch edition Ordnance Survey maps.
Kineigh House (Buildings of Ireland)

Property Location