||The reps of Rev. D. Mahony were occupying a property valued at £66, at the time of Griffith’s Valuation. Lewis mentions " a noble edifice in the Gothic castellated style" as the seat of Rev. Denis Mahony in 1837. In 1814, Leet noted Dromore as the seat of John Mahony. In 1906 it was owned by H.S. Mahony and valued at £66 15s. Bary states that it was built by Sir Thomas Deane for Rev. Denis Mahony in the 1830s. It remained in the Mahony family until the early years of the twentieth century. It then passed by marriage to the Hood family. The Irish Tourist Association survey in 1943 indicates it was the property of Colonel E. Hood whose wife was "the last of the O'Mahonys, a family associated with the area for over 300 years". It later pass from them to the Wallers, cousins of the Hoods. Dromore Castle is still extant and the National Inventory of Architectural Heritage states that it was renovated in 1998.