|| Reverend Edward Day was in possession of the house at Beaufort at the time of Griffith’s Valuation when it was valued at £37. Lewis refers to it as the seat of Frederick W. Mullins in 1837. In 1814 Leet also refers to it as the residence of Reverend F. Mullins. In 1786 Wilson refers to Beaufort as the seat of Hon. Dean Crosbie. Various sources, including Bary, indicate that it was built on the site of a tower house known as Short Castle. . It was sold by the Mullins estate in the mid nineteenth century to the Day family who sold it again in the 1880s. Referred to by Slater in 1894 as the seat of Lt-Col. E. Nash Leahy. It is still extant and occupied.