Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Ballyglass House

Estate(s)
Townland Ballyglass
Civil Parish Calry
PLU Sligo
DED Calry 54
County Sligo
Barony Carbury
Description Ballyglass House was in the possession of the Rev. William Gillmor at the time of the sale of lands in November 1854. There were two substantial houses in Ballyglass townland at the time of Griffith's Valuation in 1856. One, valued at £16, was leased from John Wynne by Rev. Gillmor, while the second was being leased from him by James Duncan. McTernan notes that it was purchased from Gillmor by Peter O'Connor and used by members of that family up until the twentieth century. Slater records it as his seat in 1894. It is still extant and occupied.
Ballyglass House (Sligo) (Buildings of Ireland)

Property Location