Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Kilmore House

Estate(s)
Townland Kilmore
Civil Parish Kilmore
PLU Carrick on Shannon
DED Cloonteem 47
County Roscommon
Barony Ballintober North
Description Built by the Reverend Edward King, Bishop of Elphin circa 1630. Home of a branch of the Lawder family in the 18th century until the murder of James Lawder in 1779. The Auchmuty family resided at Kilmore in the 19th century. The demesne was named Aghaward on the first Ordnance Survey map. A large farm is still extant at the site.

Property Location