Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Loughglynn

Estate(s)
Townland Loughglinn Demesne
Civil Parish Tibohine
PLU Castlerea
DED Loughglinn 59
County Roscommon
Barony Frenchpark
Description Loughglynn was the main residence of the Dillon family, built circa 1715, extended in the 1820s and altered again in the early 20th century. It is recorded in 1814, 1837 and in Griffith's Valuation as the seat of Viscount Dillon. The Dillons were absentee landlords for much of the nineteenth century and their agents, the Stricklands, lived in the house. During the twentiethcentury the house served as a convent. Loughglinn House is still extant.
Loughglynn (Buildings of Ireland)

Property Location