Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Johnstown

Estate(s)
Townland Johnstown Demesne
Civil Parish Drum
PLU Athlone
DED Drumlosh 4
County Roscommon
Barony Athlone
Description Built circa 1782 by Colonel John Dillon and held on a lease in perpetuity from the Incorporated Society for Promoting English Protestant Schools in Ireland. The Ordnance Survey Name Books refer to this fine residence, occupied by D. Kelly. The Dillons were in residence again by the time of Griffith's Valuation. It became the home of the Kelly family in the early 1870s until the late 1920s. Demolished by the Land Commission, only the entrance gates still remain.

Property Location