||Weir states that Meelick was a Burke house in the seventeenth century when Burkes, originally from Clondegoff Castle, in the barony of Longford, settled here. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Walter Blake was occupying the house at Meelick, parish of Clonrush, barony of Leitrim, valued at £17. In 1814 this property was the residence of Matthew Yelverton. The OS Name Books record Meelick as the home of Mr. Gilbertson. Lewis recorded it as "uninhabited" in 1837. There is still an occupied house at Meelick. The Irish Tourist Association file for the parish of Clonrush refers to Meelick as a substantial house with a concrete roof, ancestral home of the Burkes.