Landed Estates
NUI Galway

L'Estrange


Estate(s)

Name Description
L'Estrange Christopher L'Estrange, described in Hussey de Burgh as a land agent, was resident at Kevinsfort in 1878. He is recorded as the owner of 1252 acres in county Fermanagh.
Parker (Green Park) In 1779 John Robert Parker of Green Park, Youghal, county Cork married Catherine Uniacke of Kermincham Hall, Chester, and had 11 children. Catherine was the eldest daughter of John Uniacke of Cottage, county Cork and his wife Frances Mainwaring of Kermincham. Their third son Roger Mainwaring Parker assumed the name Mainwaring following the death of his great uncle John Mainwaring. Henry Parker, second son of John Robert and Catherine was a captain in the Royal Navy and married Lady Frances Theophila Anne daughter of the 11th Earl of Huntington. Their eldest son John Robert Theophilus Hastings Parker married Elizabeth Randall of Swannington Hall, Norwich. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Captain Henry Parker held land in the parish of Knockmourne, barony of Kinnatalloon, county Cork. In July 1851 the fee simple estate of Henry Parker, John R.T.H. Parker, Henry Francis Hastings Parker and others in the counties of Cork and Waterford was advertised for sale. It amounted to 22 lots and contained approximately 12,000 acres in the two counties. Further lands in counties Waterford and Cork belonging to Henry Parker were offered for sale in July 1852 including Cherrymount, county Waterford [possibly bought by the Thackwells]. http://www.thornber.net/cheshire/htmlfiles/peover.html James Parker was among the principal lessors in the parish of Kilwatermoy, barony of Coshmore & Coshbride, county Waterford, in 1851. Captain Henry Parker held townlands in the parishes of Tallow and Templemichael at the same time. Rev. John Frederick Parker was the owner of over 1200 acres in county Waterford in the 1870s. The Irish Times reported that he had purchased an estate formerly owned by William Jubb in the barony of Decies-without-Drum in 1871.
L'Estrange (Cork) In the 1870s Hilary F. L'Estrange of Clifton, Bristol, owned 936 acres in county Cork. ''Burke's Irish Family Records'' records Hilary Frederick L'Estrange of Conna, Fermoy, county Cork, [parish of Knockmourne, barony of Kinnatalloon], fifth son of Thomas L'Estrange, a descendant of Thomas Le Strange of Castle Strange, county Roscommon. The lands of Conna were in the possession of Captain Henry Parker at the time of Griffith's Valuation and may have been purchased by L'Estrange in the Encumbered Estates Court. Hilary F. L'Estrange married Mary Mulock in 1831 and they had one son the Reverend Alfred L'Estrange of Conna, who died unmarried in 1915.