In 1837 John Archer Blake assumed the additional surname of Daly in compliance with the will of his great uncle Hyacinth Daly of Raford. In 1899 his son Denis Daly married Kathleen Lynch of Petersburg, parish of Ross, and died 5 months later.
|Blake (Furbogh)||Andrew Blake, a merchant of Galway, was granted 2,532 acres in the baronies of Moycullen and Dunkellin, county Galway, under a patent dated 26 July 1677. In the early 18th century the family was established at Furbogh by Francis Blake, son of Andrew Blake, merchant, and his wife, Christiana Martyn. By the 19th century the estate of the Blakes of Furbogh was mainly in the parish of Rahoon, barony of Moycullen, but also contained land in the parishes of Moycullen and Killanin. In the 1870s John Archer Blake Daly of Raford owned 11,709 acres in county Galway. He had inherited the Daly of Raford estate through his mother, Maria Daly.|
|Daly (Raford)||The Daly family of Raford were descended from the Dalys of Carnakelly. The Raford estate was bought by Denis Daly in 1716 from the Clanricarde family. It included lands in five baronies but had altered in composition by the 19th century. In 1824 Malachy Daly of Raford is described as a resident proprietor in county Galway. Malachy was one of three Daly brothers who succeeded each other as the owner of Raford. The last of these, Hyacinth, was pre-deceased by his son (also Hyacinth, who had married Harriett Bodkin of Annagh) and so the Daly of Raford estate passed to John Archer Blake of Furbough, whose mother was Maria Daly. In accordance with the stipulations of his inheritance he changed his name to Daly. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, Harriet Daly, (nee Bodkin) was leasing Raford House to her brother, Denis Bodkin. John Archer Daly owned over 8000 acres in county Galway in the 1870s. In 1915 over 500 acres of untenanted land on J.A. Daly's estate was vested in the Congested Districts Board. Jordan states that much of the lands of the Raford estate were acquired by the Irish Land Commission in the 1920s and Raford House was sold in 1926.|
|Blake (Rathville)||John H. Blake was occupying the Rathville estate in the parish of Kilimordaly at the time of Griffith's Valuation. He was the uncle of John A. Daly (previously Blake) who had inherited the Raford estate and for whom he acted as agent. In the 1870s John H. Blake was recorded as the owner of over 2000 acres in county Galway. He later acted as agent for the Clanricarde estate and was assassinated near Loughrea in June 1882. His family continued to reside at Rathville until 1917.|