According to Burke this family came from Chester in the 1660s and settled at Rosserk, county Mayo.
|Leech||This family settled in the North Mayo/Sligo area in the late 17th century and during the 18th century were based at 'Rathroan', Rathroeen, parish of Ballysakerry, barony of Tirawley. The Ordnance Survey Name Books and Griffith's Valuation show them holding two townlands in the parish of Ballyhean, barony of Carra. In the 1870s Reverend John Leech of Mitchelstown, county Cork owned 194 acres in that county and 484 acres in county Mayo.|
|White (Golden Hills)||Henry Connor White of Golden Hill, county Tipperary, was the Registrar of the Royal Dublin Society from 1853 to 1877 and in 1844 married Margaret Charlotte Leech. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Henry White held land in the parish of Relickmurry and Athassel and Robert W. White in the parish of Shronell, barony of Clanwilliam, county Tipperary. A case published in ''The Irish Jurist'' (1856, p.194) shows that Henry C. White held land at Golden Hills and Kilterholme, county Tipperary, Tinlea, county Clare and Turville, county Limerick. In the 1870s W. Robert White of Spring Mount owned 666 acres in the county and John White of John's Street, Cashel owned 539 acres. In 1845 Emma-Louisa-Maunsell, youngest daughter of Henry White, of Golden Hills married Sir Thomas Judkin Fitzgerald of Lisheen, 3rd Baronet.|