Created Baron Clanmorris in 1800 for support of the Act of Union.
|Yelverton||From the late 1780s the Yelvertons held an estate in the parish of Ballintober, barony of Carra, county Mayo, from the Cuffes. In 1876 the Yelverton estate amounted to 2,696 acres in county Mayo and 563 acres in county Tipperary where the family's principal residence was located at Belleisle, Roscrea. At the same time the Honourable Mrs P. Bingham [Pauline Bingham nee Yelverton] owned 574 acres in county Tipperary. Joseph Yelverton was granted 567 acres in the barony of Clanwilliam and 152 acres in the barony of Ikerrin, county Tipperary, under the Acts of Settlement. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Yelverton estate in county Tipperary was in the parishes of Dorrha and Lorrha, barony of Lower Ormond. The 4th Viscount Avonmore sold his counties Mayo and Tipperary estates in 1879. This family intermarried with the Binghams of Newbrook, county Mayo, a number of times. In 1814 Matthew Yelverton was resident at Meelick in the parish of Clonrush, barony of Leitrim, county Galway. At the same time the Honourable B. Yelverton was occupying a house at Shannon Grove, Banagher, county Galway. In the mid 19th century the Honourable Mrs Yelverton held land in the parish of Clonfert, barony of Duhallow, county Cork and in the 1870s the Honourable Maria Yelverton owned 795 acres in county Cork. The title Viscount Avonmore became extinct in 1910.|
|Bingham (Newbrook)||This estate was founded by John Bingham of Foxford, county Mayo, younger brother of Sir Henry Bingham, ancestor of the Earls of Lucan, in the mid 17th century. The county Mayo part of the estate was concentrated in the parishes of Mayo, barony of Clanmorris; Robeen, Kilcommon and Mayo, barony of Kilmaine; Rosslee and Touaghty, barony of Gallen and Ballynahaglish, barony of Tirawley. The Lords Clanmorris also held lands in the parishes of Claregalway and Lackagh, barony of Clare, county Galway. The Clanmorris estates included the town of Foxford and in 1876 amounted to 12,337 acres in county Mayo and 5,295 acres in county Galway plus 479 acres in the town of Galway. Guinness and Company were the agents for the county Mayo estates in the 1830s. In 1906 Lord Clanmorris was the owner of over 300 acres of untenanted demesne land at Cregaclare. A final offer from the Congested Districts' Board of £16,121 had been accepted for 3053 acres of the Clanmorris estate in county Mayo by March 1916.|
|Mahon (Mount Pleasant)||In the 19th century a junior branch of the Mahon family of Castlegar, county Galway, leased a small estate from Lord Clanmorris in the parish of Touaghty, barony of Carra, county Mayo.|
|Vesey||In December 1698 John Vesey, Archbishop of Tuam from 1679 to 1716, bought almost 750 acres in the Hollymount area, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo, from the sale of the estate of Colonel John Browne of Westport. In 1703 he bought circa 2000 acres in the barony of Clanmorris from the trustees for the sale of forfeited estates. These lands had formerly belonged to James Browne and Thomas Burke. Sir Thomas Vesey of Abbeyleix, eldest son of the Archbishop, bought Togher and Lehinch from Peter Browne of Westport in 1712. His half brother George was the rector of Hollymount. Title deeds in the De Vesci Papers in the National Library suggest that Sir John Denny Vesey sold part of his estate in counties Galway and Mayo to his uncle by marriage Henry Bingham of Newbrook and part to his uncle the Reverend George Vesey in 1731. It was George's daughter Frances who married Thomas Lindsey in 1757. The Vesey estate in the Hollymount locality appears to have passed into the possession of the Lindsey family through this marriage. The Lehinch estate was in the possession of the Blakes throughout the 18th century. John Wesley visited Hollymount in 1756 and described the house and gardens built by the Archbishop.|
|Lambert (Cregclare)||In 1824 Walter Lambert, Creggaclare, Walter Lambert, Castle Lambert, Walter Lambert, Lambert Lodge, Walter Lambert, Castle Ellen and Henry Lambert, Aggard, are all described as resident proprietors in county Galway. The Lamberts had two townlands, Crumlin and Boleyboy, in the parish of Kilvine, barony of Clanmorris, county Mayo, amounting to 989 acres. John Lambert held several townlands in the parish of Kilbeacanty, barony of Kiltartan, and in the parish of Annaghdown, barony of Clare, county Galway in the 1850s. The estate at Aggard had originally been a Ffrench property but was bought out by the Lamberts in 1729. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, James Lambert was leasing the house at Cregaclare to Lord Clanmorris. Both the Cregaclare and Aggard families held lands in the parish of Ardrahan. The Kilquain Lambert family usually acted as the agents for the Ardrahan estate. The estate of James Staunton Lambert amounting to 10,724 acres in the baronies of Dunkellin, Kilconnell, Clare and Moycullen county Galway and in the barony of Clanmorris, county Mayo was advertised for sale in 1855 and the sales rental includes lithographs of Cregaclare and Waterdale houses. A large portion of these estates was purchased by Lord Clanmorris. In the 1830s a Mr. Lambert "of Ballinrobe" may have had as his agent, James Burke of St. Cleran's. This branch of the Lambert family is documented in the collection of S. & R.C. Walker, solicitors, in the National Archives. Kelly noted that the last Lambert to live in the area resided at Kilquain but left for Dublin around 1930.|
|Wilberforce (Ballynakill)||Kathleen Villiers-Tuthill states in her book ''Kylemore Castle & Abbey'' that Reverend Robert Isaac Wilberforce bought nine townlands in the parish of Ballynakill, barony of Ballynahinch, county Galway, from Henry Blake of Renvyle for £10,500 in 1853 (page 13). Most of Reverend Wilberforce's estate of almost 9,000 acres was sublet to St John Clowes of Torworth, Nottinghamshire, who married a daughter of the 2nd Baron Clanmorris in 1856. By the mid 1860s Mitchell Henry had negotiated the purchase of the Wilberforce estate for £9,480.|