The Pike family settled in county Cork in the 17th century. William Pike was a barrister and third son of Jonathon Pike of Beechgrove, county Tyrone.
|Achill Mission||The O'Donel estate on the island of Achill was bought by Trustees of the Achill Mission in association with Thomas Brassey, William Pike and Samuel Holme, who each paid £2,333.6s.8d. for small estates on the island in the early 1850s. The Mission's share was 23,452 acres for which they paid £10,500 . In 1876 the Mission is recorded as holding 19,155 acres, valued at £1,011 in county Mayo. By March 1916 the Achill Mission had accepted an offer from the Congested Districts' Board for the purchase of their estate, which the Board took over in 1921.|
|Pike||William Pike bought 7,791 acres of Carrickkildavnet, Dereen and Shraheens, parish of Achill, barony of Burrishoole, county Mayo for £2,333 from the sale of the O'Donels of Newport Achill estate in the Encumbered Estates' Court. In 1876 he was recorded as the owner of 10,697 acres valued at £673. By March 1916 the Pikes had accepted an offer from the Congested Districts' Board for the purchase of their estate, of which they wished to repurchase 246 acres. The Pike house -Glendarary - was still in the possession of the grandson of William Pike in 1958.|
|Pike||This family were originally from Berkshire and came to county Cork in the early 17th century where family members became established as merchants and bankers. By the time of Griffith's Valuation Ebenezer Pike of Besborough held an estate in the parishes of Carrigaline and St Finbars, barony of Cork. In the 1870s he owned 1,175 acres in county Cork.|