In the 1870s, William Armstrong was the owner of over 2000 acres in county Tipperary as well as over 50 acres in county Waterford and 400 in county Limerick. [An Armstrong held lands in the parishes of Tubbrid and
Whitechurch, barony of Iffa and Offa West, county Tipperary, from Lord Waterpark at the time of Griffith's Valuation while Armstrong esq is also referred to as the proprietor of townlands in the parish of Ballybacon at the time of the first Ordnance Survey in 1839.]
Property in county Tipperary and elsewhere, belonging to John Armstrong, was sold in the Landed Estates Court in March 1862. The purchasers were Messers. Hemphill, Walpole and Davis.