A family who settled at Carrick, Co Westmeath in the early 18th century.
|Browne (Moyvilly & Mounthazel)||The Moyvilly estate, near Oranmore, county Galway, was granted to the Brownes under the Acts of Settlement. It was formerly an estate belonging to the Ffrench family. Andrew Browne of Moyvilla is listed as a resident proprietor in county Galway in 1824. The Blakes of Kiltolla became indebted to the Brownes during the 18th century and in settlement sold their Mounthazel estate, near Mount Bellew, to the Brownes. The Brownes then moved their main residence from Moyvilly to Mounthazel. At the time of Griffith's Valuation, the Mounthazel estate comprised of eight townlands in the parish of Ballymacward, barony of Tiaquin and townlands in the parishes of Boyounagh, barony of Ballymoe and Dunmore, barony of Dunmore, county Galway, some of them purchased from the Cuff and Eyre families. The Brownes also held land in the parishes of Moygawnagh and Kilfian, barony of Tirawley, county Mayo, at the time of Griffith's Valuation. In the 1870s Andrew Browne of Mounthazel owned 1,939 acres in county Galway and 2,953 acres in county Mayo while his first cousin Colonel Andrew Browne of Mount Bernard owned 1,644 acres in county Galway. The Mounthazel estate passed by marriage to the De Stacpoole family in 1883. In 1887 Virginia Maude, daughter of Lieutenant-General Andrew Browne, married Captain Hugh O'Connor Henchy of Stonebrook, county Kildare and they inherited Moyveela Castle.|
|Fetherstonhaugh||A county Westmeath family who intermarried with the Wills of Willsgrove, county Roscommon, the Ormes of Abbeytown, Crossmolina and the Perkins of Ballybroony, county Mayo. Godfrey Fetherestonhaugh acquired the property of the Ormes of Glenmore in the parishes of Crossmolina, Kilfian and Moygawnagh in the Encumbered Estates' Court. He was also in possession of the two townlands in the parish of Moygawnagh previously held by Andrew Browne, Mount Hazel, county Galway. His grandson, another Godfrey Fetherstonhaugh of Glenmore and Dublin, was a Member of Parliament for North Fermanagh 1906-1916. In 1876 the Fetherstonhaughs owned 9,261 acres in county Mayo and 1,016 acres in county Westmeath.|
|Orme (Abbeytown & Glenmore)||The Ormes of Abbeytown held an estate in the parish of Crossmolina, barony of Tirawley, county Mayo from the mid 18th century. A younger son lived at Glenmore in the early 19th century. The Abbeytown estate of over 5000 acres was sold in the Encumbered Estates' Court in 1852 and the Glenmore estate of 4556 acres in the parishes of Crossmolina and Moygawnagh in 1853.|