Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Bennett (Templemore)


Estate(s)

Name Description
Bennett (Templemore) At the time of Griffith's Valuation John Bennett held land in the parishes of Drom and Templemore, barony of Eliogarty, county Tipperary from the Earl of Orkney and Thomas Bennett held land in the parish of Templemore. They appear to be sons of Theophilus Bennett who lived at Oldtown in 1814. John Bennett had a son Theophilus who married Mary Elizabeth daughter of Joseph L. Gubbins of county Limerick in 1856. [Mrs Sophia Bennett of George Street, Limerick, owned 1,680 acres in county Tipperary and 22 acres in King's county (Offaly) in the 1870s.]