Landed Estates
NUI Galway

McGrath (Kilbarron)


Estate(s)

Name Description
McGrath (Kilbarron) In 1677 Edmond Magrath, son and heir of Redmond Magrath, was granted 5,799 acres in the barony of Tulla, including Kilbarron. Edward McGrath held land in the parish of Feakle, barony of Tulla Upper, county Clare at the time of Griffith's Valuation. Anne, Robert and Thomas McGrath of Kilbarron each owned 142 acres in county Clare in the 1870s.