Five generations of Studderts lived at Clonderalaw, parish of Kilmurry, barony of Clonderalaw, county Clare, between the mid 18th century and the mid 20th century. Richard Studdert, third son of the Reverend George Studdert (1699-1778) of Ardlaman, county Limerick, was the founder of this branch of the Studdert family. The family intermarried with the Studderts of Bunratty and members of the Lloyd family. At the time of Griffith's Valuation George Studdert held land in the parishes of Kilmurry (Clonderalaw) and Clonlea (Tulla Lower). His son Captain George Lloyd Studdert owned 643 acres in county Clare in the 1870s. The male heirs died out in 1902 and the estate passed to Francis Louisa who married Poole Hickman Gore of Tyredagh. They had no children. She died in 1951 and the estate was sold. William Studdert of Thornberry House, parish of Kilmurry, barony of Clonderalaw, county Clare, was the fifth son of George Studdert of Clonderalaw and Elizabeth Studdert. He held 4 townlands in the parish of Kilmurry at the time of Griffith's Valuation. He married a Miss White and had one son William who succeeded him in 1867. The Studderts of Cragmoher were another branch of this family. Major Charles Studdert of Cragmoher owned 885 acres in county Clare in the 1870s and in October 1912 about 700 acres belonging to C.W. Studdert was vested in the Congested Districts' Board.