Jonas Studdert of Atlantic Lodge, Kilkee, county Clare was the fourth son of George Studdert of Clonderalaw and his wife, Elizabeth Studdert of Bunratty. At the time of Griffith's Valuation Jonas Studdert held two townlands in the parish of Kilfearagh, barony of Moyarta. In 1820 he married Ellen Mahon and many of their descendants emigrated to the USA. In the 1870s Jonas Studdert of Kilkee owned 480 acres in county Clare. Almost 500 acres owned by Jonas Studdert in the barony of Moyarta was offered for sale in the Land Judges' Court in November 1890.
Contemporary printed sources
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Kilrush Union, 154 (Dough)
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 114
- LEWIS, Samuel. ''A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland''. London: S. Lewis & Co., 1837: II, 93 (Atlantic Lodge)
Modern printed sources
- WEIR, Hugh W. L. ''Historical, Genealogical and Architectural notes on some Houses of Clare''. Whitegate, county Clare: Ballinakella Press, 1999. : 11, 256
- MONTGOMERY-MASSINGBERD, Hugh (ed). ''Burke's Irish Family Records''. London: Burke's Peerage, 1976: 1068-1078
- ''Irish Times'': Notice of forthcoming sale, 15 September 1890, p.8.