A family transplanted to Connacht at the time of the Cromwellian settlement.
|Betagh/Beytagh||The Betagh family held five townlands in the parish of Aghamore, barony of Costello, county Mayo. Nollaig Ó Muraíle records that Mannin House was the seat of Captain Gerald Dillon, who died in 1720. Following the death of the Captain's son, John Dillon, in 1731, the estate was divided between his three sisters, who were married to James Betagh, Felix MacDonnell and Josias Dillon of Holywell. The Betaghs settled at Mannin House. A rental of Viscount Dillon's shows Robert Beytagh living at Mannin in 1805. Laura Beytagh owned 996 acres in county Mayo in 1876. When she and her sister went to live in Galway, the house became the property of the Jesuits.|
|Concanon||The Concannons were formerly Gaelic chiefs in the Kilkerrin area of north east Galway. The lands of Carrownacregg were granted to Sisby O'Concannon by patent dated 21 Mar 1678. Waterloo replaced Carrownacregg as the main family residence in the early 19th century. In 1824 Edmund Concannon, of Waterloo Lodge, is recorded as a resident proprietor in county Galway. He married Jane, daughter of John Blake of Belmont and his wife Sarah Cuff, sister of Baron Tyrawley. Blake Foster records that they had six sons, the eldest,Henry, was a barrister and married Countess Maria Aurora Arabella de Luicia. The third son, Edmond, married Kate Parsons and they had a son, Edmond John. James Blake Concannon of Esker was the fourth son. Over 3000 acres owned by Edmond John Concannon and Edward Thomas Beytagh, were offered for sale in the Encumbered Estates Court in 1851. Much of the land was in the baronies of Clare and Dunkellin, county Galway and some of it was on perpetual lease from the Clanricarde estate. At the time of Griffith's Valuation the Concannons held land in the parish of Killoscobe, barony of Tiaquin, some of which was leased from Walter Joyce of Corgary and also in the parish of Grange, barony of Loughrea. Henry Concannon sold Carrownacregg West, including a mansion 'out of repair', to James Browne in 1851. Three persons named Concannon with addresses at Tuam, Dunmore and Castleblakeney, owned small acreages in county Galway in the 1870s. Loughnane, writing in 1975, gives an account of working for the Concannon family at Rockfield between 1910-1931.|