The Ffolliott family settled in County Sligo sometime in the late 17th century.
|Ffolliott||The ffolliott family held lands in the parish of Aghanagh since the early 18th century. At the time of Griffith's Valuation John Ffolliott was one of the principal lessors in the parish of Aghanagh, barony of Tirerrill. In the 1870s John Ffolliott had over 4000 acres in county Sligo as well as over 1400 in Leitrim and 1700 in Donegal. In 1906 Agnes Ffolliott owned over 600 acres of untenanted land in the barony of Tirerrill. Agnes was one of the five daughters of John Ffolliott. Mary and Margaret eventually inherited the estate. They sold it in the 1920s and went to live in England.|