Landed Estates
NUI Galway

Tweedy

The estate at Cloonamahon passed into the hands of the Tweedy family thorough the marriage of Meredith to Henry Tweedy. In 1862, Mr. Tweedy is recorded as the purchaser, in the Landed Estates Court, of a plot of land owned by Loughlin Redican. In 1906 Dr. Henry Tweedy is recorded as the occupier of property at Cloonamahon including a mansion house. In 1911 an offer on over 400 acres of the estate was accepted from the Congested Districts Board.

Associated Families

Houses

Name Townland Civil Parish PLU DED Barony County Map Ref
Cloonamahon Cloonamahon Ballysadare Sligo Lisconny 52 Tirerrill Sligo OSI Ref: G685229
OS Sheet: 26
Discovery map: 25

Archival sources

  • GO MSS 111: Copy of grant of arms to Henry C. Tweedy of Cloonamahon, county Sligo & Dublin with details of descents from Merediths, Cloonamahon, 1899. ; National Library of Ireland
  • Cloonamahon photographs, 030/058.; Irish Architectural Archive

Contemporary printed sources

Modern printed sources