A small estate at Lackafinna, parish of Cong, barony of Kilmaine, county Mayo, was bought by Elizabeth Ormsby from the Millers of Milford, parish of Kilmainemore, for £5,200 in the 1830s. This property was inherited by Mrs Ormsby's daughter Jane Elizabeth who was married to Dr Watkin William Roberts. He was resident at Carnarvon in Wales in 1878. At this time he held 792 acres in county Mayo, 692 acres in county Longford and an acre in county Clare.
- Milford Papers, contact John Ormsby, Milford, Kilmaine, Co Mayo; Private Possession
Contemporary printed sources
- PARLIAMENTARY PAPERS. ''Return of owners of land of one acre and upwards, in the several counties .... in Ireland''. HC 1876, LXXX: 312
- HUSSEY DE BURGH, U. H. ''The Landowners of Ireland. An alphabetical list of the owners of estates of 500 acres or £500 valuation and upwards in Ireland''. Dublin: Hodges, Foster and Figgis, 1878. [available online at www.askaboutireland.ie] : 390
- ''GRIFFITH'S VALUATION OF IRELAND'[Primary Valuation of Tenements]', 1850-1858. : Vol II, 76
Modern printed sources
- ''The Irish Genealogist'': CLESHAM, Brigid. The Elwood family of Co. Mayo. VI, No. 4 (1983), 477-486